Older styles of indoor growing equipment in use for many years:
There are simply too many reasons to ignore-- for anyone on our planet.
Most folks by now have read all the statistics and predictions, and a few bear repeating here for those that have not:
1. A world population expected to reach 9 billion by 2050.
2. A movement to urban areas in unprecedented fashion-- some predict 85% will live in or very close to central urban cores. These cores do not have a means of food production that can come close to sustaining a population.
3. It is estimated over 870 million go to bed hungry each and every night around our world.
4. With all this hunger, due to inefficient systems in place for far too many decades, it is estimated that over ONE THIRD of all produced food is wasted.
5. Arable land is very scarce, and the millions of acres of land that are farmed have soils destroyed by decades of abuse in food production for the masses.
6. Remaining land that can be farmed is being gobbled up-- literally a massive land grab is underway, by large organizations, to prepare for a future of need. What will that mean for food prices?
7. Between 70% and 80% of all fresh water on the planet is currently used for agriculture. Droughts are now known to be extreme and pervasive-- check California lately? This is catastrophic to say the least. Some scientists are saying dried-up aquifers are collapsing and losing their ability to re-charge. This will have major consequences.
Deep Water Culture / Hydro Raft system-- averages 3 to 4 plants per square foot in net farm area. Marginally profitable when operated at peak efficiency, slim margin for error by your farm workers.
See How We Do It... Our equipment will mean higher yields, lower investment costs, lower labor costs and better ROI:
Dedicated to creating a sustainable food supply for generations to come.
NFT Hydroponic System- between 2 to 4 plants per square foot in net farm area. These are simply far outdated now.
Vertically Stacked horizontal hydroponic tray or Ebb & Flow system-- can achieve higher plant densities based on 12 to 15 "stories" of crops in a 30' high-ceiling warehouse. Skylifts anyone? Some companies are attempting to bring robotics to this format. The crazy high Cap-ex is a profit killer, not to mention their goal of elimination of jobs.
Indoor Agriculture Equipment designed for now and 30 years from now-- easy to operate, with the ability to grow multiple crops in one device, and in one farm.
So, what is Indoor Agriculture?
Well, from our vantage point, it is growing up to 40 plants per square foot of net farm area, in any indoor space that makes practical sense with a need of just 8' ceiling height. It means it must be an easy-to-operate, functionally logical design for commercial scale use by today's workers. It must present a means of investment return that attracts growers and investment capital because it actually represents a sound ROI. Our patented farms do this.
For most people, the form of indoor agriculture that may be easiest to recognize over the past 40 years is the greenhouse. Greenhouses have been used for decades and play a very important role in food production on a worldwide basis.
Today, however, greenhouses are just part of the story as it relates to indoor production of crops. Indoor farming has taken a mighty leap ahead by virtue of the advancement of specific technologies. These include continuing and rapid development of LED lighting, which provides for a major improvement in the ability to grow more and healthier crops, meaning higher densities of plant growth, in a given space.
Further, refinements in the electronic controls and digital devices that allow us to monitor and control each aspect of a farm and the environmental growing conditions-- the water we use to provide healthy nutrients to the crops, the atmospheric conditions such as CO2 levels, humidity adjustments, all are precisely handled to maximize crop health, growth rates and overall quality of the produce we can grow.
Who We Are.
Get to know our team.
Our Management, our Advisory Board, our Key people.
A Few of the major benefits of Indoor Farming... and specifically from our patented vertical aeroponic farms:
1. You can grow your crops year-round all year every year.
2. Provides immediate access to locally grown food at peak freshness.
3. Elimination of "Food Miles" from the process known as "Farm to Table".
4. Food can actually be grown at the point-of-sale or point-of-consumption on a commercial scale.
5. Uses up to 97% LESS water than traditional farming, and our system uses less water than older hydroponic systems.
6. No hazardous chemicals are used in our food production protocols. Period.
7. Crops grow amazingly fast, and crop turns per year are much higher-- ours are superior to any other. Visit us and we will show you.
8. Elimination of Soil-borne insect and disease issues in crop production.
9. Elimination of poisonous run-off into our streams and rivers, dramatic pollution reduction results.
10. Farms can be located and operated virtually anywhere at commercial scale.
11. Overall Carbon Footprint is dramatically reduced.
The Growing Importance of Indoor Agriculture on a Global Scale
Indoor Agriculture 101
Indoor Farms of America innovation-- vertical aeroponic growing equipment, achieves 40 plant sites per square foot of farm area, in an easy-to-operate 8' ceiling height. No ladders, easy to clean and maintain.
Copyright © Indoor Farms of America. All rights reserved.